History – St. Charles Rock Road

Rock road1796 Joseph Chartrand of St. Charles received a land grant to operate a Missouri River ferry. It was to be bordered by “A passage for inhabitants crossing into St. Charles.” T

he passage developed into the St. Charles Road. It was rocked in 1865, and has been known as the St. Charles Rock Road ever since. (Even though it has been a paved highway since 1921)


Click image to enlarge.


Leave a Reply or Comment...